The Government of India has got many departments for the smooth running of the country. Railways, Telephone services, Municipality Services, Administrative Services, Health Services, Legal Services, Public Sector Banks etc. are few of the important ones. For the functioning of all these departments there is a need of staff. Many people are recruited or employed in the government offices for the functioning of the respective department.
Starting from the grade four level (lowest) staff till class one officers there are different types of posts in government offices. There are millions of government employees working all over India. The government of India also provides security for such a large number of employees.
JOB SECURITY OF GOVERNMENT JOBS IN INDIA:
Government jobs are regarded as highly secure and stable and are preferred over private jobs by most Indians. There are many reasons for which Government Jobs jobriya in India are regarded as very secure and stable. Some of them are:
1. There is no risk of loss of job, since the Government of India is a permanent body.
2. There is no risk of any decrement of salaries as per work. The salaries once fixed will only have periodic increments till the end of the service but decrements or demotions never happen in govt. jobs.
3. There is a guarantee of pay for work. If the salary of one month couldn’t be given due to some technical reasons, then the salary is given the next month along with the salary of the next month. So, a person gets paid for his or her work and there is no loss of salary irrespective of performance or economic conditions.
4. The Government of India sometimes announces festival bonus which adds up to the income so as to meet the needs during festivals.
5. Some amount of the salary is deducted every month and is kept as Provident Fund which is lent to the employee at time of need as loan without any interest. And if he or she does not use the PF then they get the complete PF amount with interest during retirement.
6. There is a proper and well-defined time limit for working hours. In no case can this be prolonged, if it is prolonged then the employee is paid for the extra work done by him.
7. All the public holidays as declared by the government are also applicable to government employees and they need not work on those days. Some extra optional holidays are also given.
8. The employee is given a fixed number of Casual leaves, mostly 15 days in a year. During these days though he is on leave he is paid. These help the employee if he is sick.
9. The Government of India allows the staff of a particular category to form into associations for their benefit. These associations can claim any benefit from the government if they feel that is necessary. These associations also come to help their colleagues if they are in any problem related to their job. By this there is a security to the employees and they can be saved from being exploited.
10. The retired employees are given pensions so as to meet their needs after retirement. In case of death of the person, the pension is handed over to the spouse or nominee of the employee.
11. In case of death of an employee the job is given to a member of the family if a need arises. If the member of the family is not eligible to the post he may be given some other job as per his qualification so as to support the family.
12. The Government of India also provides with some other allowances like HRA (House Rent Allowances), TA (Traveling Allowances) and DA (Dearness Allowances) to the employee as may be required.
13. The government as per the rank of the employee also gives him with the allowance of an LTC (Leave and Travel Concession) by which the government bears the charges of a holiday trip of an employee and the people dependent on him i.e., his family once or twice a year as per the rules.
14. Health Security is another feature of the Indian Government by which the government bears the burden of any ill-health of either the employee himself or any others dependent on him. There are also separate hospitals organized for the purpose by the government.